Digiorno Pizza has a twitter and their reblogging the The Sound of Music and it’s the best.
So, we have just passed by where Intermission would be in a stage version of The Sound of Music. Thoughts so far from The Broadway Web:
Let’s see what Act II brings us!
Courtesy of Broadway.com, here is a pretty fantastic game to play tonight with the live Sound of Music broadcast. I’ll probably write a pretty tipsy review of the whole thing after playing this!
Let’s get right to it:
• Take two shots anytime an actor looks nervous—one for you and one for them.
• Down your bubbly whenever you see a familiar face from the Great White Way. Here’s a guide!
• Pull a swig every time Carrie Underwood opts to belt the last note in a song.
• Throw back your cocktail whenever Sister Berthe (the mean nun!) rolls her eyes at Maria.
• Refill your glass anytime a Tony winner starts to sing. (That’s sevenTonys on one soundstage!)
• Sip whenever the Captain blows his whistle. Sorry if the room starts spinning.
• Did a child just enter wearing curtains? Chug!
• Swig whenever you hear a song that was cut from the 1965 film. (Basically whenever Laura Benanti is giving good soprano.)
• What’s a female deer? Oh, right. Take a healthy sip and repeat.
• If Uncle Max and the Baroness Elsa make a joke about being rich, you should definitely take a gulp. But extend your pinky out, all fancy-rich-like, OK?
• Drink anytime any character has a change of heart. (Sorry, we’re getting you messy!)
• If the Captain is looking longingly at Maria, you know what to do.
• Spot a Nazi? Take a shot.
• Everyone at your party needs to do a waterfall during “Something Good.”
• Toast Oscar Hammerstein during “Edelweiss.” It was the last song he wrote before his death in 1960.
• Throw your glass at the wall if Julie Andrews makes a cameo.
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen hangover!
Is everyone watching The Sound of Music Live?! It’s on NBC right now!!!
Tune in to see Broadway stars like Audra McDonald, Christian Borle, and Laura Benanti.
Source: broadwaycomLes Miserables legend Colm Wilkinson is returning to the show that made him a star—but this time, he’s leaving the high A to …
Since Santa is a very busy guy this time of year, this month’s radio show travels on his behalf across six continents to deliver gifts to all the Broadway shows on his ‘Nice List.’ Tune in to hear over 30 Broadway songs that feature a place on Earth. (Sorry, I had to leave out Oz and Ursula’s Lair this month!)
I recently noticed that these playlists are too long for Tumblr’s audio post, so when you are ready to get your Broadway fix, go here instead of clicking play above:
The Broadway Web with DJ Spider Shay has a new show on the first of every month, so make sure to check back here for another all new Broadway Web on January 1st.
'Turkey Lurkey Time' - Promises, Promises
Happy Thanksgiving from the Broadway Web! Take a listen to the greatest Thanksgiving related song ever to grace the Broadway stage performed live at the 1969 Tonys!
And read more about it this standout performance from Donna McKechnie (Miss Della Hoya from Petty Cash) at: